BigCommerce Launches B2B Ecommerce Initiative Targeted at Wholesalers, Manufacturers and Distributors
AUSTIN, Texas – March 12, 2019 – BigCommerce, the leading SaaS ecommerce platform for fast-growing and established brands, today announced the rollout of BigCommerce for B2B, a comprehensive suite of applications tailored specifically to accelerate the success of B2B merchants selling online. Available immediately, BigCommerce for B2B is the result of the strategic alignment between BigCommerce and six industry-leading technology partners whose respective B2B solutions, integrated with BigCommerce’s open-platform software as a service solution (SaaS), create a unified B2B ecommerce solution for wholesalers, manufacturers and distributors.
“Together with these partners, BigCommerce for B2B extends BigCommerce’s native functionality with scalable, enterprise-level ecommerce tools for established brands operating within the more traditional B2B verticals,” said Maryann Bekkedahl, senior vice president of business development for BigCommerce. “This initiative demonstrates BigCommerce’s commitment to understanding our B2B merchants and, as a partner-led, open-platform SaaS solution, our ability to provide them with the flexibility to dial-in the right ecommerce capabilities required to accelerate operations and growth.”
BigCommerce for B2B leverages the cumulative features of the world-class technologies developed by its valued partners, which include:
- Apruve, an end-to-end credit solution designed to automate the process of extending terms, gives BigCommerce merchants the ability to offer net terms to their business buyers and receive payment within 24 hours. With Apruve, merchants have the ability to extend buyers lines of credit that exceed $1 million, automate invoices and collections, and create a frictionless credit approval and checkout process for their business accounts.
- Brightpearl, the award-winning retail operations platform designed for retailers and brands, enables omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business easily from one single system, including financials, inventory, purchasing and fulfillment, warehouse, returns and logistics. Using Brightpearl, BigCommerce merchants can automate and streamline their operations and make informed, data-driven decisions to grow their business.
- Bundle B2B, built on BigCommerce’s API by the award-winning commerce agency SILK Software, seamlessly integrates with BigCommerce’s open platform to offer enterprise-level features for modern B2B buyers and sellers. Bundle B2B can be customized to fit the unique ecommerce needs of any growing B2B company looking to simplify its operations around corporate account management and quick order forms for customers, as well as the ability to offer buyers a personalized experience with custom catalogs and pricing for specific customer segments.
- Nextopia, recognized as a leading ecommerce vendor by Internet Retailer Magazine, leverages machine learning to provide a highly-individualized, consumer-grade shopping experience for B2B buyers in real-time. From personalized product recommendations, guided navigation and powerful website search capabilities, Nextopia analyzes the behavior of each individual shopper and creates the ideal customer journey to help turn browsers into buyers.
- PunchOut2Go is a managed service for B2B sellers to integrate their ecommerce operations with their customers on any spend management and e-procurement application including SAP Ariba, Coupa, Jaggaer, and Oracle. Aimed at reducing the cost and complexity of B2B e-procurement data translation, PunchOut2Go automates B2B order processes and supports tens of thousands of e-procurement integrations globally with services around PunchOut catalogs, electronic purchase orders, e-invoicing, and more.
- ShipperHQ, the world’s leading storefront shipping management system, gives BigCommerce B2B merchants the power to provide customers a frictionless shipping experience with rates and options automatically tailored to fit a business’ specific client and order needs. From freight shipments to multi-origin support and more, ShipperHQ’s integration with BigCommerce can handle even the most complex B2B shipping challenges.
As part of the initiative, BigCommerce also released a newly-published ebook, “Exceeding Your B2B Customers’ Needs In 2019” to provide B2B ecommerce business leaders an in-depth, tactical insight into simplifying buyers’ journeys. The ebook features a foreword by Brian Beck, an ecommerce industry veteran and thought leader.
Additionally, BigCommerce and executives from its B2B partners will host a thought leadership panel and webinar on Tuesday, April 2nd from 11:00a-12:00p CT, where interested merchants can learn more about BigCommerce for B2B. To register for the webinar, visit: https://www.bigcommerce.com/simplified-b2b-webinar/.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading SaaS ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry’s, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony and Toyota. For more information, visit www.bigcommerce.com.
BigCommerce® is a registered trademark of BigCommerce Pty. Ltd. Third-party trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.