BigCommerce Kicks Off Third Annual Make it Big Conference
Free, three-day virtual conference features 21 on-demand sessions led by global roster of ecommerce thought leaders
AUSTIN, Texas—October 6, 2020 - BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC), a leading open SaaS ecommerce platform for fast-growing and established brands, today kicks off Make it Big 2020 — a free, three-day virtual conference for ecommerce professionals, retailers and entrepreneurs looking to build, innovate and grow their business. The virtual conference, now in its third year, continues through Thursday, Oct. 8 and features 21 expert-led sessions that registrants can stream on-demand each day.
Beginning with a keynote address delivered by Ryan Deiss, chief executive officer at conference sponsor DigitalMarketer, Make it Big 2020 will give attendees a first-hand account of proven success strategies and actionable advice directly from industry experts representing companies including Facebook, Salsify and Bolt, as well as leading commerce agencies Moustache Republic, Groove Commerce and more.
“Even before the pandemic moved most conferences online, Make it Big’s growth has shown us that merchants are hungry for content that helps them grow their businesses,” said Lisa Pearson, chief marketing officer at BigCommerce. “We are proud to meet these merchants where they are by offering free, on-demand access to the industry’s most established thought leaders in a highly engaging, convenient format.”
Make it Big 2020 registrants will instantly unlock exclusive access to each day’s respective lineup of virtual sessions to stream on-demand at 7 am EST each morning, which includes:
Day One — Tuesday, Oct. 6: Scaling Your Business While Lowering Costs
- Keynote: The Commerce Paradigm Shift and Becoming Your Own Media Company — Ryan Deiss, chief executive officer - DigitalMarketer
- No Coding Required: How Non-Techies Can Build a Beautiful (and Successful) Ecommerce Store — Matthew Coles, account director - Modelic
- How a UK Retailer Expanded Into Ecommerce to Scale Their B2B2C Business — Neil Bruce, ecommerce manager - Toolstop
- How a Female-Founded Fashion Brand Launched Their Online Business Amidst a Global Pandemic — Ethan Giffin, chief executive officer and founder - Groove Commerce
- Protect Your Brand: How to Combat Fraud To Scale Your Brand and Improve Your Customers' Experience — Cathy Liu, head of fraud protection - Bolt
- An Advanced Toolkit For Ecommerce Growth: AI Search and Merchandising — Mark Adams, chief executive officer - Attraqt
- How to Build a Growth-Minded Ecommerce Team — Kevin Buechler, director, learning and organizational development - BigCommerce
Day Two — Wednesday, Oct. 7: Future-Proofing Your Business Strategies
- Keynote: How Legacy and DTC Brands Are Redefining the Next Era of Ecommerce — Tony Hou, founder, and Laura Doonin, partner and director - Moustache Republic
- The Future of CBD: What’s Coming and What to Expect — Josh Garellek, chief executive officer - Arctic Leaf
- Offline Retail Isn't Dead: How to Build An Effective Offline and Online Strategy — Vaughan Fergusson, founder - Vend
- A 2020 Trend That’s Here to Stay: Sustainability — Saloni Doshi, chief executive officer - EcoEnclose
- Why and How B2Bs Should Adopt a B2C Mindset — Ken Cowan, head of product partnership - Salsify
- An Investor’s Outlook on What Makes a Successful Online Brand — Jeff Richards managing partner - GGV Capital
- How COVID-19 Has Transformed The Ecommerce Industry — Meghan Stabler, vice president, global product marketing and communications - BigCommerce
Day Three — Thursday, Oct. 8: Building an Engaged Community and Customer Base
- Keynote: The Secret to Building and Developing an Engaged Customer Community — Jaclyn Johnson, chief executive officer and founder - Create & Cultivate
- Sell Where Your Customers Are With a Social Commerce Strategy — Nathan Lam, business product marketing lead - Facebook
- How to Create Holiday Magic During Retail’s Busiest Season — Richard Lindner, president and co-founder - DigitalMarketer
- How Eterneva Reimagined Grief Wellness and Became a Shark Tank Success — Adelle Archer, chief executive officer and co-founder - Eterneva
- Content is King: How to Optimize Your Strategy for Growth — Richard Mogendorff, chief executive officer and founder, and Alex Tovey, chief growth officer - Like Digital
- How To Personalize Your Acquisition Efforts (and Achieve Unlimited Spend) — Ryan Garrow, director, partnerships and client solutions - Logical Position
- How To Create a User Experience Your Customers' Will Never Forget — Buck Sleeper, director - ePAM Continuum
Registration is free and will remain open throughout the conference at BigCommerce.com/Make-It-Big. Attendees can also join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #MakeItBigConf.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate and grow their businesses online. As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 150 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Molton Brown, S.C. Johnson, Skullcandy, Sony, Vodafone and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney and London. For more information, please visit www.bigcommerce.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
BigCommerce® is a registered trademark of BigCommerce Pty. Ltd. Third-party trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.